WELCOME TO ATHENA MULTISKILLS
Best Civil Services (IAS, PCS) Coaching in Lucknow
We at Athena Multiskills have spent a lifetime in the civil services. We are thus in a position to guide you through the intricacies of the recruitment process, by helping you prepare in a meticulous manner to crack early the UPSC exam.
The Likely calendar for IAS exam is
Our coaching is individually customized to teach you the complexity of governance.
Things that aspirants of Civil Services must know
- The first thing that the aspirants must know that this exam, held annually, is for recruitment not merely to IAS but to nearly 20 group ‘A’ services coming under the government of India.
- Three of these services are called All India Services because the persons recruited to these services have to serve primarily in the state cadre allotted to them. In between, they are expected to work in central government on deputation. These three All India Services are:
- Indian Administrative Services (IAS)
- Indian Police Services (IPS)
- Indian Forest Services (IFoS)
The exam pattern for IFos is different from that of the other civil services.
- Out of the other Group ‘A’ services, The Indian Foreign Service is a highly coveted one with a career profile significantly better then that of any other group ‘A’ service.
- The highest position that anyone recruited to the civil service can Aspire to reach is that of a secretary to Govt. of India. Those who join at younger age have better prospects of reaching these positions.
- The promotions up to the first 18 years of service are more or less the same in all organized group ‘A’ services of the central govt, with uniform pay scales.
- Everything else being equal, anyone who joins any group ‘A’ services at the age of 22 or 23 has a decidedly much higher chance of reaching the apex level in that particular service. Thus, taking your attempts at the earliest makes sense.