Civil Services (IAS) Prelims Exam 2019
The IAS Prelims exam, normally held in June, consists of two papers which, inter alia, test the general awareness levels of the candidates.
Paper 1 is seen to cover the subjects mentioned below.
- Current events of national and international importance (last 12 months).
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusiveness, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science of high school level.
Paper-2 is seen to cover the following topics
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
- English language comprehension skills – Class X level.
Details of coaching program and its fess
- The coaching classes are held five days a week from Monday to Friday.
- There would generally be 3 lectures daily various aspects of the syllabus.
- Aspirants are allowed to join at any date of their convenience. It helps to join early because of the vast syllabus.
- For students who wish to appear for civil services exams in Hindi medium, arrangements would be made to help them gain requisite knowledge through a suitable teaching pattern.
- There will generally be about 60 sessions of 75 minutes duration each in every calendar month.
- The fees for the Prelims coaching program is Rs 50,000/-.
- Registration would be with Rs 20 thousand and the balance Rs 28,000/- can be paid in 4 mix successive months in instalments of Rs 7000/- each.
- The fees are totally non refundable and therefore, only those students who are determined to compete hard should enroll, after making requisite financial prior approval and support of their family.
- In the event of non payment of further instalments within the stipulated time, the aspirants would run in the risk of their participation of being cancelled and their registration fees being forfeited.
- We accept only those students for UPSC civil service exam coaching who are in the final stages of their studies or have completed their studies altogether, and have a high degree of proficiency in writing, reading and speaking in English Language.
- For the aspirants opting for Hindi medium, basic skills in reading study material in English, relevant to the subjects being taught, would be necessary even though the classroom teaching medium would be Hindi only. This is because many legal documents etc. which form part of the study material are available in English only.
- There is a rebate of 20% on the entire fees for the Prelims exam being paid in advance. The aspirants will save Rs 10,000 in this manner and will need to pay only Rs 40,000.
How to contact Athena Multiskills for best Civil Services (IAS) Coaching in Lucknow.
If you are looking for Civil Services (IAS) Coaching in Lucknow you can get in touch with us by following ways
You can call us at : 73796 27333, 73796 27444
Visit our center at : 4/404 Vivek Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
Or mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org